Friday, June 5, 2009

Out Dated as the Stage Coach

Out dated Here we are in the 21 century and there is still 16,17,18,19, and 20th century problems hanging on with us today just like way back then. Take for example KTXS 12 in Abilene KTAB 32 in Abilene and KRBC channel 9 all tout there various weather reporting styles. I was asking a friend in Brownwood if they got there 7 minute advantage from Damon Lane on 12 she said like lots of people here in Brownwood I have Satellite and when we have bad weather I loose Television Reception . I have a friend that lives in Lawn Texas about 20 miles south of Abilene Texas she too has the same problem. I remember when I had satellite and yes television goes the way of the stagecoach in bad weather . I called channel 12 the other day got someone on the phone ,which by the way you will not get during your favorite program and the wood be movie star Damon Lane breaks in to track storms to give people a 7 minute advantage and interrupt peoples television programs. He even acknowledged this on the Brownwood fiasco the other night but went on to say We must warn people. Interesting we are in the information age news papers going out could television news cast be next? Not because they do not give good news reports but because of people like Damon Lane and his bosses that insist he do this. I ask the man on the phone with me if he knew of NOAHH weather radio, computers, radio stations, he agreed that these existed. I said you guys are as out dated as the Stage Coach he laughed I told him about my friends in the country and my lack of cable TV. He found it hard to understand that we 6 miles north of Abilene Texas do not have the cable television option, high speed internet, clear wire, and this man thought his television was giving 7 minute advantage. One station in Abilene will call your cell phone to tell you of inclement weather. When this conversation ended I considered moving to say Dallas, Houston, Lubbock, or any where but Abilene (Friendly Frontier) so that when the Hollywood movie set becomes real and this Backward Lost town hits the Dino hole with a back hoe or the dragon hole and Dyess Air force base is destroyed is destroyed by the monsters released I will laugh and realize it was the city’s backward lost in time Attitude that brought the monsters to be. Someone once said Attitude is everything and when this backhoe incident happens and all these no longer existent creachers come out to devoir the devout religious blind stupid fools that run this “Friendly Frontier whoever said that will shout “I told you so see how important Attitude really is” wrong backward Attitude and the major news channels report of fire breathing Dragons and the James Gang roaming the streets. The Friendly Frontier has six colleges and is still brain dead.

No comments: